Dr. Sameena Anjum
|Dr. Sameena Anjum|
Dr. Sameena Anjum has over 10 years of experience in ophthalmology with special interest in Cornea, Cataract and Refractive surgeries.
Dr. Sameena Anjum completed her MBBS from Bangalore and MS Ophthalmology from Bangalore. She holds a DNB from New Delhi National board and earned the Ratan Tata Fellowship in Basic and Advanced cataract surgery (Blumenthal SICS and Phacoemulsification) at Shankara Nethralaya eye hospital, Chennai. Dr. Sameena received her FRCS from Glasgow, UK and completed Advanced Phacoemulsification Course at Sankara Eye Hospital from Bangalore.
She is an active member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow as well as the Karnataka Ophthalmic Society.
Main fields of expertise are:-
- Complex Cataract Surgeries (Phacoemulification with mono, multifocal, &Toric IOLS)
- Refractive Laser surgeries (Femtoecond Lasik, Conventional Lasik, Epilasik, PRK)
- Phakic IOL Surgery for Myopia and astigmatism (ICLs, Cachet, Artesan)
- Corneal surgeries (PTK, Collagen Crosslinking and toric ICLS for keratoconus)
- Anterior segment reconstruction surgeries.
- Medical management of corneal diseases and glaucoma.
Dr.Sameena received the Dr. Jaiveer Agarwal gold Medal : Awarded by M.S Ramaiah Medical College for being the best outgoing postgraduate student and the Joga Singh gold medal: Awarded by Guru Nanak Public School as the best outgoing student of the school.
She has presented at various national and international medical conferences and seminars.
Dr.Sameena can speak in English, Urdu, Kannada and Arabic.